Latest news

I just wrote a "Hello World" article for Visual Studio Add-ins. I've also uploaded a ClassDoc Add-in module. Take a visit to the Visual Studio page.

Last week

Dabbling with SQL came across a little gotcha. Makes sense after I thought about it, but at the time, I was pulling my more of my gray hair out.

I wrote a stored procedure a while back, that was tested and in production. For a new report, I wrote another stored procedure that called the first one, rather than duplicating the original code. Unfortunately, I used the same #Temp Table name, which SQL accepted, (kind of). The "called" stored procedure could see both temp tables, but had some difficulty with certain commands. I found an answer and an easy work-around in BOL, but just thought I'd pass it along: