As part of the Web Reporting Group, involved in all aspects of database and web development and the maintenance of survey data collected and displayed via Web Portals for large, corporate clients. Responsibilities included data collection and recoding from a variety of external sources, query design and optimization, and data export/reporting. Designed and coded procedures, functions, and VB applications to support and improve the data quality for the web portals presentation to the end-user.
- Increased performance on scorecard reports by approximately 75% by redesigning the queries used for data collection.
- Eliminated SQL injection security flaws that allowed external hackers to access the Viewport data and design tables.
- Primarily developer/programmer for main reporting code base for all Viewport portals and customized menu structures.
- Wrote numerous stored procedures and SQL modules to handle all aspect of reporting, from importing sample and survey data, reporting, e-mail notifications, etc. One of my procedures just imported its 1.5 millionth customer.
- Helped design C# code to process data exports (deliver data in Excel format) to the client via a queue and e-mail system. Also helped design C# code to generate PPT charts from scorecard reports for the end-user.